Monday, July 16, 2007

Sitka, Sidka!

I thought I should tell everyone about my name...I meant to yesterday and I got carried away with other things. But now that Mom is done using the computer and she let me have a few more minutes, I thought I would use my time wisely and let everyone know about my namesake.OK, here's the story... When my mommy and daddy first went to look at me and decided they would take me, they couldn't take me home for another TWO weeks! They had to wait because I hadn't had all my shots yet and I was still weaning.

(speaking of weaning...my first mommy and daddy, Jewel and Howl)
My birth Dad, Howl

My birth Mom, Jewel

So they went home and tried thinking of names for me. The first names they talked about were:
Bristol (As is Bristol Raceway)

Rowling (As in JK Rowling)
Casper (Yes, just like Casper D. Dog!)
Sitka or Sidka
The next step was narrowing down the names, Daddy's favorite name was Britsol and Mommy's favorite was Sidka (versus Sitka because she wanted to be able to call me Sid for short).

I guess Mommy and Daddy talked about it and talked about it and talked about it and decided
on Sidka. They decided Sidka because of it's relevance to Alaska. (Alaska is known for it's snow, snow is white and so are Eskies!) Plus, Mommy and Daddy LOVE Alaska, they love the snow, the snowmobiling, the ocean, the salmon, the mini Alaskan huskies -also known as Alaskan Klee Kais- (yes, I know I have competition...).


See, my mommy and daddy didn't want a reused name like Snowball or Sugar (yuck, talk about embarrassing!). So they thought they'd get an original name with Sidka! So far we haven't found any other Sidkas! We've heard of Sitkas and we've heard of Sids, but we haven't heard of another Sidka--does anyone know of any doggies named Sidka like me?!

7 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Very interesting story about how you got your name! You're the only Sidka I know - so far!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Lorenza said...

Hi, Sidka.
Nice to meet you. I liked all your pictures of you and your family!
You have a different name, like Maggie said you are the only Sidka I know.
Have a good night
Lorenza

Rudy said...

Yep, you're the only Sidka I ever met. Before I got my name they were thinking of Clifford (as in The Big Red Dog) or Muddy (Muddy Waters) for me. Oh nooo... I'm so glad Mom insisted on Rudy. I feel like a Rudy! Nice to meet you Sidka --

Love,
Rudy

Anonymous said...

Up here in Alaska we'd probably think your parents don't know how to spell, ha ha ha ... just kidding ... does it get confusing when your Mom says Sit, Sid ... nice to meet'cha!

Sid said...

Yesssss Zach, it gets so confusing when Mommy and Daddy and Grammie say sit. They have to say siTT and emphasize the T! Haha. But if it's still confusing they sit on the couch and motion sit, then say "Sidka, siTT" and it works!!

Molly the Airedale said...

Wubba is the coolest Sid! You can play tug with him and he squeaks and he's just the funest toy ever! They haven't been around for a really long time but they are available in most pet stores. You just gotta have one! Maybe one day mom will buy me another one after Mitch gets through his chewing stage - yea, in about 7 years!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Sid said...

chewing stage? it's just a stage?! AH...I thought I'd be able to chew forever and ever!